Before your dry eye exam, please watch this YouTube playlist to help explain what is dry eye as well as some of the common treatments used in order to treat Meibomian gland dysfunction and other causes behind dry eye.
Why should I learn about the various dry eye treatments?
With the advances made in technology to both diagnose and treat dry eye, patient should understand that every treatment plan t is customized for them and their specific case of dry eye. By understanding what the treatments do, you can get a better understanding of why your eye doctor needs a comprehensive dry eye exam to determine what combination of causes and/or symptoms require mild, moderate, or advanced treatment.
What are some of your dry eye tests?
- We evaluate the lipid or natural oil layer. the layer’s thickness, and health of your meibomian glands.
- We evaluate your tears, including their osmolarity and break-uptime (TBUT or Tear-Breakup-Time)
- We check for blepharitis and demodex which develop on the eyelid margin.
- We also evaluate the deepest layer of the tear film called the mucin layer.
- Our patients fill out the following form as well: Ocular Health & Aesthetics Questionnaire